netflow per connection

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Aug 15 17:53:19 CEST 2006

Peter Nixon <listuser at peternixon.net> wrote:
> Aside from tinkering with FreeRADIUS code (and running a large number of
> production servers) I also tinker with and run pmacct which I highly
> recommend as a netflow/sflow solution. We have a number of deployments of
> both on the same Postgresql backend and as long as your DB server is specced
> correctly you shouldn't have any trouble.

  That looks like a fantastic tool, which should be mentioned in the
FAQ, as "how to get protocol-specific accounting information".

  I we were suckers for punishment, we could write a radius plugin for
pmacct, so that the RADIUS server could see that traffic, too.  But
it's probably better to integrate things at the DB layer, rather than
the protocol layer.