bill payment using RADIUS

Peter Nixon listuser at peternixon.net
Wed Aug 23 13:51:01 CEST 2006

On Wed 23 Aug 2006 14:12, Asiful Mustafa wrote:
> On 8/23/06, Peter Nixon <listuser at peternixon.net> wrote:
> > On Wed 23 Aug 2006 10:51, Asiful Mustafa wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >  Is there any ways that post-paid users can pay their bill using RADIUS
> > > packet? Is there any RADIUS attribute which updates a user account by
> > > specifed amount?

> > attribute to

> > receipt

> > dont

>      Because I have to provide a bill payment system to a phone subscriber
> who does not have a GUI so that he can pay bill online. So there has to be
> a way where he will put some pre-generated card-number to pay his bill. If
> there is any other way...please let me know.

Well, there are a hundred different ways to do this, but it all depends on
what your IVR server is capable of... FreeRADIUS is a bit like apache. You
can configure it to do many different things, but at the end its job is to
receive queries from a NAS, do some backend work, then respond in some way.

--

Peter Nixon
http://www.peternixon.net/