EAP PEAP, unable to load certificate

Nick Larsen larsen.nick at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 22:57:10 CEST 2006

Hi,

I have forcibly set Auth-Type to Local, so perhaps that's the problem.
Here's my debug output anyway...

rad_recv: Access-Request packet from host 10.10.1.199:1812, id=1, length=73
        User-Name = "nick"
        Framed-MTU = 1400
        NAS-Port-Type = Wireless-802.11
        EAP-Message = 0x02010009016e69636b
        NAS-IP-Address = 10.10.1.199
        Message-Authenticator = 0xa2632b22341f08798a0fca4aa0f457c9
  Processing the authorize section of radiusd.conf
  modcall[authorize]: module "preprocess" returns ok for request 160
  modcall[authorize]: module "chap" returns noop for request 160
  modcall[authorize]: module "mschap" returns noop for request 160
    rlm_realm: No '@' in User-Name = "nick", looking up realm NULL
    rlm_realm: No such realm "NULL"
  modcall[authorize]: module "suffix" returns noop for request 160
  rlm_eap: EAP packet type response id 1 length 9
  rlm_eap: No EAP Start, assuming it's an on-going EAP conversation
  modcall[authorize]: module "eap" returns updated for request 160
radius_xlat:  'nick'
rlm_sql (sql): sql_set_user escaped user --> 'nick'
radius_xlat:  'SELECT id, UserName, Attribute, Value, op           FROM
radcheck           WHERE Username = 'nick'           ORDER BY id'
rlm_sql (sql): Reserving sql socket id: 4
radius_xlat:  'SELECT radgroupcheck.id,radgroupcheck.GroupName,
radgroupcheck.Attribute,radgroupcheck.Value,radgroupcheck.op  FROM
radgroupcheck,usergroup WHERE usergroup.Username = 'nick' AND
usergroup.GroupName = radgroupcheck.GroupName ORDER BY radgroupcheck.id'
radius_xlat:  'SELECT id, UserName, Attribute, Value, op           FROM
radreply           WHERE Username = 'nick'           ORDER BY id'
radius_xlat:  'SELECT radgroupreply.id,radgroupreply.GroupName,
radgroupreply.Attribute,radgroupreply.Value,radgroupreply.op  FROM
radgroupreply,usergroup WHERE usergroup.Username = 'nick' AND
usergroup.GroupName = radgroupreply.GroupName ORDER BY radgroupreply.id'
rlm_sql (sql): Released sql socket id: 4
  modcall[authorize]: module "sql" returns ok for request 160
modcall: leaving group authorize (returns updated) for request 160
  rad_check_password:  Found Auth-Type Local
auth: type Local
auth: No User-Password or CHAP-Password attribute in the request
auth: Failed to validate the user.
Login incorrect: [nick] (from client Finc-Wireless port 0)
Delaying request 160 for 1 seconds
Finished request 160
Going to the next request
--- Walking the entire request list ---
Waking up in 1 seconds...
--- Walking the entire request list ---
Waking up in 1 seconds...
--- Walking the entire request list ---
Sending Access-Reject of id 1 to 10.10.1.199 port 1812
Waking up in 4 seconds...
--- Walking the entire request list ---
Cleaning up request 160 ID 1 with timestamp 44f357bf
Nothing to do.  Sleeping until we see a request.

Cheers for your help,

Nick Larsen

On 8/29/06, Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> wrote:

> "Nick Larsen" <larsen.nick at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Now I'm trying to authenticate users via wireless PDA's, but I now get
> > "auth: No User-Password or CHAP-Password attribute in the request" in
> > Access-Request, I guess it's the Linksys WAG54g now, so I better start
> > trawling through the net again.
>
>   No.
>
>   Run the server in debugging mode, and post the output here.
>
>   That message happens ONLY if you forcibly set "Auth-Type = Local"
> when it doesn't make sense to do so.
>
>   Alan DeKok.
> --
>   http://deployingradius.com       - The web site of the book