sqlcounter

Guy Fraser guy at incentre.net
Wed Aug 30 17:28:38 CEST 2006

On Wed, 2006-08-30 at 15:35 +0200, Graham Beneke wrote:
> K. Hoercher wrote:
> > On 8/29/06, Fabiano Martins <fabianomartinsrj at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> I've benn searching with no sucess about this... It's frustrating...
> >> there is no documents about.
> >
> > Perhaps the looking into the very obscure doc/rlm_sqlcounter file
> > helps, although it' not "DOC" for some strange reason.
> >

> I've also looked at that document and it has not got me any closer to
> knowing what is going on. It gives examples of how to use sqlcounter for
> time based billing - but it does not explain what the different elements
> of the sqlcounter are - or how they work.
>
> I am wanting to build an octets based billing system using some custom
> dictionary items from the Chillispot NAS - but I can't find info
> anywhere. Although I have heard that it has been successfully been
> implemented.

There is also some "documentation" in the config file.

There may also be some "documentation" in the comments
within the source code.

I believe this has been discussed many times and there should
be some information in the archives. Have you Googled for it?

Once you figure it out, maybe you wouldn't mind contributing
some better documentation for rlm_sqlcounter to the project.
I am sure future implementers would appreciate it.