(no subject)

Walter Reynolds waltr at umich.edu
Tue Feb 21 13:33:38 CET 2006

On Mon, 20 Feb 2006, freeradius-users-request at lists.freeradius.org wrote:

> Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 13:44:05 -0500
> From: "Alan DeKok" <aland at ox.org>
> Subject: Re: Log file format
> 	<freeradius-users at lists.freeradius.org>
>
> Walter Reynolds <waltr at umich.edu> wrote:
>> We have some tools that currently run some statistics on the radius
>> accounting file.  Well, we currently use a different radius server.  With
>> that in mind the log format is different.  Is there a way to modify the
>> format of the accounting log format?
>
>  Which accounting log?  The detail file?  That's pretty much
> unchanged since the original Livingston format 13 years ago.
>
>  Could you be more specific, and say what should be changed, and to
> what it should be changed?
>
>  Alan DeKok.

I apologize for not giving all the info, I am new to radius and am still
learning.  Yes I am refering to the detail file.  Currently we have
implemented a version of MERIT Radius.  I know less about that than
Freeradius, so forgive me if I do not give you what you need.

Currently we have two files that appear to be accounting data to me.

Following are what we get (I have removed IP info for safty sake)

These two lines are from logfile.20060220

Mon Feb 20 13:07:12 2006: Received-Authentication: 63/62890 'waltr' from
XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX port 9126 PPP

Mon Feb 20 13:07:12 2006: Authentication: 63/62890 'waltr' from
XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX port 9126 PPP - OK -- total 0, holding 0

No, what is more important to me os from the session.20060220.las file
(mainly the first line)  This is strange though as because Pre-Auth the
accounting data is sent to the merit radius then forwarded to a freeradius
and back.  Either way this is the format of the merit radius and our
scripts.

NA      NA      1140458855      20      20      waltr@  NA
'PROFILE' NA      NA      XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX/9126    NA      NA
Framed/PPP/XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
##      User-Name:0='waltr'     Calling-Station-Id:0='XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX'
Acct-Status-Type:1=Stop
##      Acct-Input-Octets:1=1208        Acct-Output-Octets:1=1648
Acct-Session-Id:0='0B901E52'
##      Acct-Input-Packets:1=11 Acct-Output-Packets:1=9
Acct-Terminate-Cause:1=User-Request
##      Tunnel-Client-Endpoint:10=:49:'XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX'
Acct-Authentic:1=RADIUS Acct-Delay-Time:1=0
##      NAS-IP-Address:2=XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX        NAS-Port-Type:1=Virtual

I hope this helps clear up my question.