type of lvalue in VALUE_PAIR

Seferovic Edvin edvin.seferovic at kolp.at
Mon Feb 27 11:39:48 CET 2006

Hi,

I know this question is probably for the developer list, but I think someone
can answer me without any further complications ;)

As I "promised", I am patching freeradius ( sqlcounter actually ) so it can
do traffic accounting. I have patched it but since I want to have the
ability to set the limit by entering the amount of bytes ( in my backend ),
I am limited by lvalue of value_pair struct. So values above a (ca) 4 GB are
above the limit of uint32 right? What can I do to increase the limit without
crashing the freeradius functions. Can I simply change it to uint64_t ( 2
^64 should be enough ;) ) ???

Regards,

Edvin

PS: the patched freeradius is working and is able to account traffic, but I
think it would not be RFC compliant because I haven't found the needed
attributes in the dictionaries