Help with log file format

Walter Reynolds waltr at umich.edu
Tue Feb 28 13:30:24 CET 2006

For some reason my replies are not getting to the list.

> Walter Reynolds <waltr at umich.edu> wrote:
> > We have some tools that currently run some statistics on the radius
> > accounting file.  Well, we currently use a different radius server.
With
> > that in mind the log format is different.  Is there a way to modify
the
> > format of the accounting log format?
>
>  Which accounting log?  The detail file?  That's pretty much
> unchanged since the original Livingston format 13 years ago.
>
>  Could you be more specific, and say what should be changed, and to
> what it should be changed?
>
>  Alan DeKok.

I apologize for not giving all the info, I am new to radius and am still
learning.  Yes I am
refering to the detail file.  Currently we have implemented a version of
MERIT Radius.  I
know less about that than Freeradius, so forgive me if I do not give you
what you need.

Currently we have two files that appear to be accounting data to me.

Following are what we get (I have removed IP info for safty sake)

These two lines are from logfile.20060220

Mon Feb 20 13:07:12 2006: Received-Authentication: 63/62890 'waltr' from
XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX port
9126 PPP

Mon Feb 20 13:07:12 2006: Authentication: 63/62890 'waltr' from
XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX port 9126 PPP
- OK -- total 0, holding 0

No, what is more important to me os from the session.20060220.las file
(mainly the first
line)  This is strange though as because Pre-Auth the accounting data is
sent to the merit
radius then forwarded to a freeradius and back.  Either way this is the
format of the merit
radius and our scripts.

NA      NA      1140458855      20      20      waltr@  NA 'PROFILE' NA
NA
XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX/9126    NA      NA Framed/PPP/XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
##      User-Name:0='waltr'     Calling-Station-Id:0='XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX'
Acct-Status-Type:1=Stop
##      Acct-Input-Octets:1=1208        Acct-Output-Octets:1=1648
Acct-Session-Id:0='0B901E52'
##      Acct-Input-Packets:1=11 Acct-Output-Packets:1=9
Acct-Terminate-Cause:1=User-Request
##      Tunnel-Client-Endpoint:10=:49:'XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX'
Acct-Authentic:1=RADIUS
Acct-Delay-Time:1=0
##      NAS-IP-Address:2=XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX        NAS-Port-Type:1=Virtual

I hope this helps clear up my question.

-- Walter Reynolds
    University of Michigan