SQL Authentication (mainly @Alan!)

florian broder flobroed at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 9 15:31:17 CET 2006

Hi.

> Yea, Alan has told me that the sql module differs in some areas and some
> of the reasons may be good and others not so much. Good luck.
Today I let the switch talk to freeradius (&sql-database with modified
source-code) for the first time. Before I was only testing with
ntradping.
It works really well, the switch authenticates the mac and puts the
port in the given VLAN.

But still my concern is, that I MAY run into problems.
The system should serve a few hundred "Clients" all authenticated
through some (three to four) Cisco 6500 Switches and one freeradius
(using mysql) machine.

Maybe nobody here can tell me, if it works out, but ANY suggestion is
really appreciated.

No developpers here? :(

Bye. Florian.