Disable automatic stop messages (was "Client-IP-Address = 127.0.0.1" messages coming from?)

Matthew Schumacher matt.s at aptalaska.net
Fri Jan 13 17:56:58 CET 2006

Matthew Schumacher wrote:
> I'm getting accounting messages like these that seem to be coming from
> the loopback interface, but `tcpdump -i lo` doesn't see them so they are
> not coming from a local client.  If they are not coming from a local
> client then how can I figure out where they are coming from?

After doing some debugging it looks like the server generates stop
messages when Simultaneous-Use is on and a user logs in before we get a
stop message.

I have 2 services running on this machine one which uses
Simultaneous-Use and one that doesn't.  So when a user logs onto the
second service these accounting messages are generated (for the wrong NAS).

Is there anyway to disable this?  I suppose I could use a different
radutmp database for each of them, but would rather disable automatic
acct message generation.

schu