Ippool and NAS

Alan DeKok aland at ox.org
Thu Jan 19 18:09:26 CET 2006

"Johansson, Daniel" <Daniel.Johansson2 at sonyericsson.com> wrote:
> Now I have 5 NAS boxes that is accessing the radius server the problem
> is that I want each NAS to use a set if ipadresses.
>
> So for NAS(1) the radius should return ippool(1) and so on.

  That can be done.

> I have looked at the FAQ and have been searching in the mail archive for
> several hours and have only seen people asking about allocating
> ipadresses for specific user(s) or group(s) but not for a NAS.

  It's not in the FAQ or default config because it's a rare
configuration.  Instead, the documentation describes the pieces
necessary to solve the problem, but not every specific solution.

  In your case, you want entries in the "users" to match the NAS
Client-IP-Address, and to set the Pool-Name attribute.  The sample
configuration in radiusd.conf works, except it's keyed off of Unix
group, and not Clinet-IP-Address.