Proxy request problem

zack musa zakidad at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 25 05:08:25 CET 2006

Hi all.
 I'm using FR on FC4 and FC2, MySQL and NTRADPING to test user AAA process.
 I wanna test user authentication for realm/proxy setup. There are some question:
 1. Do i need to place the additional realm/proxy server section after the LOCAL or before it in proxy.conf?
 2. I used IPAddrs instead of name.domain.com in there. does it have any effect on the proxying process?
 3. is the order of clients in clients.conf matter for proxy setup?eg- localhost first and  then the other realm IP (again I used IPAddrs instead of name)
 4. What is the actual flow of proxy request in FR if i used MySQL instead of users file?
 user request->autho module->realm module->proxy.conf->remote poxy server->remote/proxy sql server->response->local server->users
 5. how the server diferentiate proxy request from a local request for a user? from current local access server?
 situation: from NTradping using port 1814 sending authentication request with remote server's username, password which stored in remote server's sql.  Database. is this possible?
 6. When I rcvd this message from local server that suppose to send proxy request to the  other realms/proxy:
 ::Ignoring request from unkwown home server 1a.1b.1c.1d
 what is the server doing?
 7. Should I set 'no' to ignore_null and ignore_default at the suffix setting in radiusd.conf so it can pass the request other type of realm (because i used IP and not setting a name for all the proxy)?

 Thanks for any reply.
 Need an Idea to set and test proxy in-lab for now...if documentation available for such test or setup are most welcome.
 Rgds