simultaneous-use and stateless sessions in sql

Seferovic Edvin edvin.seferovic at kolp.at
Thu Jan 26 03:16:09 CET 2006

Hi,

I have set up my new test environment with freeradius-1.1.0 ( with ldap and
mysql ) and I just hit the wall as my VPN server ( poptop - MS PPTP )
crashed. I have a session left in my mysql db with "Acct-Stop = 0" which
permits user to login again ( after the crash ) because simultaneous-use is
set to 1.

Are there any workarounds for this scenario? I've found
deletestatlesssessions in sql.conf file, but I have no idea how does this
work ( it is set to "yes" but no use ). Since my NAS is POPTOP server, type
is set to "other" and checkrad cannot check ( or won't check ).

At the end of the Simultaneous-Use doc it is mentioned that Idle-Timeout
could be used, but this works for specific NASes and not for such VPN server
that looses all info about users when crashed.

Only way I figured out would be to check for open session before
simultaneous-use-query. Since Ive configured my "NAS" to send accounting
data every 2 minutes, it would be easy to say "delete all session data where
traffic_data = 0 and time difference between now and session_start > 2
Minutes".. but where could I put such query.

Does anyone have any suggestions on this topic? I know it is rather complex
topic, but I would appreciate any opinions.

TIA

Regards,

Edvin Seferovic

PS: sorry for my HTML eMail today !