problems compiling, but works, or don't??

Alan Lumb freeradius at siblin.co.uk
Thu Jan 26 17:43:15 CET 2006

On non i386 32bit architecture (both sun and intel 64) i've had some
problems compiling rlm_perl with the distributed libtool, yet had problems
compiling the rest using --with-system-libtool!

Unfortunately I didnt collect enough information to submit a bug report,
but errors varied from what was listed below, to missing object names
(DynaLoader.so was a frequent one).

To work around it I compiled and installed radius using
--without-rlm-perl, then reran configure using --with-system-libtool (this
time including perl), went into the src/modules/rlm_perl folder and did a
make install.

I also had problems with a non-shared version of perl being installed so
used CPAN to upgrade perl and build a new version of libperl.so

not sure if its the same with freeradius' built in libtool but often
missing so file errors can be fixed by adding the path to the file into
/etc/ld.so.conf and running ldconfig

Of course if you dont need perl then you are better off just not compiling
it!