Framed-IP-Address accounted in Hex

Graeme Hinchliffe graeme.hinchliffe at zeninternet.co.uk
Tue Jul 4 13:05:16 CEST 2006

Hi,
	I have just (as of yesterday) upgraded FreeRADIUS from 1.0.3 to
1.1.2 keeping all the same config files.  I am running it on a Debian
Woody system and using Postgres 7.4.7 as the database.  This
particular box is solely for RADACCT and only uses RADIUS as a test
to test the state of the service/db for health checks.

	I have postgres configured to dump any SQL lines which throw up an
error and I have seen a large number being logged failing to insert
the Framed-IP-Address attribute, in the dumped SQL string the IP
Address is a hex value instead of a dotted quad which fails the
insert.  The RADACCT packets causing this are not just coming from
one NAS either, and accounting still seems to be happening on the
most part.

any ideas?  or have i found a bug ?

thanks

-----