vlan assignment not work on wireless G AP

Thibault Le Meur Thibault.LeMeur at supelec.fr
Tue Jul 18 09:46:34 CEST 2006

> My company use Cisco wireless AP (access point). When we use
> 802.11b radio
> AP, we can assign users vlan through Freeradius. But the same setting
> doesn't work on 802.11g radio AP. Can anybody help.

Check you new AP documentation for the Radius Reply Attribute format they
expect from the Radius server.

For instance our AP2000s expect the following for a VLAN-ID 100 assignment:
Tunnel-Medium-Type=IEEE-802
Tunnel-Private-Group-Id=100
Tunnel-Type=VLAN

And our Strix Access points expect the following for a VLAN-ID 100
assignment:
Tunnel-Medium-Type=IEEE-802
Tunnel-Private-Group-Id="vlanid=100 priority=1"
Tunnel-Type=VLAN

Regards,
Thibault