vlan assignment not work on wireless G AP

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Tue Jul 18 11:25:06 CEST 2006

Hi,
> Hi all,
>
> My company use Cisco wireless AP (access point). When we use 802.11b radio
> AP, we can assign users vlan through Freeradius. But the same setting
> doesn't work on 802.11g radio AP. Can anybody help.

it sounds like you are only acting upon a certain type - if the RADIUS
attributes arent being returned when 802.11g is being used, check to see
what your FreeRADIUS is getting when you use 802.11g compared to 802.11b
eg use debugging (radiusd -X) and see what the NAS or controller
is sending to FreeRADIUS and why your FreeRADIUS is not acting upon it
(its probably an over-exact "==" setting match operator)

alan