Howto rlm_sqlippool ?

Michael Kopp michael.kopp at gmx.net
Tue Jul 18 11:43:23 CEST 2006

Hi together,

I configured freeradius 1.1.2 with ip-pools. Everything works fine so far. But now I want to use rlm_sqlippool module to change from flat files to mysql database for my ip pools (to achive greater performance, hopefully)

So far I have compiled the rlm_sqlippool and the module library files are created and successfully installed (i verfied that the .o and .la files are in the correct folder)

in radiusd.conf I uncommented the "include sqlippool.conf" and looked also at this file. But from what I can see it is only I series of SQL statements howto update and grap IP from SQL database.

I am missing some description howto setup the database part, how should the database be named, and how should the needed tables look like ?

Is there some howto , which explains me what steps I have to take to the rlm_sqlippools up and running ?
A howto would be great, or at least some hints how the database and the tables should look like ?
Is there a script for initialization ?
Do I have to change anything in some other files ? sql.conf ?

Regards
Michael