AW: AW: AW: EAP-TTLS MD5 hashed Passwords in MySQLDatabaseforWPA-802.1xauth

Christian Poessinger christian at poessinger.com
Wed Jul 26 11:27:44 CEST 2006

freeradius-users-bounces+christian=poessinger.com at lists.freeradius.org
wrote:
> freeradius-users-bounces+christian=poessinger.com at lists.freeradius.org
> wrote:
>>
>>   Please read the EARLIER messages in the debug log.  It's obvious
>> that the password was NOT read from SQL, so authentication will not
>> work.
>>
>>   Get the server to read the password from SQL.  Debug log WILL SAY
>> when the appropriate user entry is matched.
>>
>>   Alan DeKok.
>
> Well, but why does it work with unix crypt passwords then? And also
> plaintext passwords?
>
> -CP

It generally seems to me to be more an EAP problem. When i to on the shell
'radtest user <password md5hash> radiusserver 0 secret' it works fine.

When changing arround the Atrribute field i get wrong Atrribute errors. But
with the User-Password attribute i get that strange

----
modcall: leaving group authorize (returns ok) for request 5
auth: No authenticate method (Auth-Type) configuration found for the
request: Rejecting the user
auth: Failed to validate the user.
  TTLS: Got tunneled reply RADIUS code 3
  TTLS: Got tunneled Access-Reject
----

error when doing EAP. With radtest it works fine.

-CP