How the hell do you use multiple NOT values with rlm_checkval and sql??

Mike Jakubik mikej at rogers.com
Thu Jun 1 03:02:48 CEST 2006

Alan DeKok wrote:
> Mike Jakubik <mikej at rogers.com> wrote:
>
>> Great, now, how the heck do you specify NOT items? I want to specify the
>> numbers that users can NOT dial to. This seems impossible.
>>

>   And what do you want to do after that?  Reject the request?  Then
> configure that.
>
>   In the "users" file, you can do:
>
> DEFAULT Called-Station-Id == "5551212", Auth-Type := Reject

First of all, the above can be accomplished in SQL using the checkval
module and the += OP. Thats great and dandy until you need to specify
numbers that users can NOT dial to. In any case that will not work for
me, as i need to do this for each group defined in SQL, not DEFAULT for
all users.

>   This doesn't work quite the same in SQL, because the module doesn't
> support multiple entries.

Yes it does, just not with a logical NOT. I installed FreeRadius because
it touted SQL support, now im finding out the features are limited,
which is disappointing.