How the hell do you use multiple NOT values with rlm_checkval and sql??

Alan DeKok aland at nitros9.org
Thu Jun 1 06:17:14 CEST 2006

Mike Jakubik <mikej at rogers.com> wrote:
> First of all, the above can be accomplished in SQL using the checkval
> module and the += OP. Thats great and dandy until you need to specify
> numbers that users can NOT dial to. In any case that will not work for
> me, as i need to do this for each group defined in SQL, not DEFAULT for
> all users.

  So add the group as an additional check item.

> >   This doesn't work quite the same in SQL, because the module doesn't
> > support multiple entries.
> >

> Yes it does, just not with a logical NOT.

  As I said, it's not really supported.

> I installed FreeRadius because it touted SQL support, now im finding
> out the features are limited, which is disappointing.

  There are few programs with unlimited features.

  That being said, I still think what you want is doable in
FreeRADIUS.  Perhaps you could try discussing the problem, rather than
SQL as a solution.  Odds are there's more than one way to reach the
goal.  If you're fixated on SQL, you may not see another solution.