listening interface configuration

Geoffroy Arnoud garnoud at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jun 1 11:48:37 CEST 2006

Hi,

I am going to configure a FreeRADIUS as a RADIUS proxy. My proxy will have to listen on a couple of ports on 2 interfaces, so I set the following configuration in radiusd.conf:

listen {
    ipaddr = IP1
    port = 1812
    type = auth
}
listen {
    ipaddr = IP1
    port = 1813
    type = acct
}
listen {
    ipaddr = IP2
    port = 1812
    type = auth
}
listen {
    ipaddr = IP2
    port = 1813
    type = acct
}

When I start FreeRADIUS, I get the following

Listening on authentication IP1:1812
Listening on accounting IP1:1813
Listening on authentication IP2:1812
Listening on accounting IP2:1813
Listening on proxy IP1:1814

If I understand packets coming inside IP2, will be forwarded through IP1, right?

Is there a configuration solution to make packets coming inside IP2 to be forwarded through IP1, or is FreeRADIUS limited to only one proxy ip/port?

Thank you in advance,

Geof.