proxy_fail_type attribute

Geoffroy Arnoud garnoud at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jun 1 11:55:02 CEST 2006

Hi,

I just get the last CVS update, and I discovered a "hidden" attribute in mainconfig.c, name "proxy_fail_type".
By reading the source code, my understanding is that setting this attribute to "fail" (for example) in proxy.conf, and setting the value "fail" for Post-Proxy-Type in dictionary.freeradius.internal, will allow FreeRADIUS to execute a module when the proxy of a request failed (no response from server or other cases).

My 1st question:
- Am I right (or near to the truth)?

I saw that this was not shipped into 1.1.2. But this feature appeared by the end of 2004. So my 2nd and 3rd questions are:
- Has anyone used or is anyone using this feature on prodcution deployement?
- Is this feature planned to be shipped in 1.2.x?

Thank you in advance.

Geof.