NAS table fields

Cliff Hayes chayes at afo.net
Fri Jun 9 20:40:41 CEST 2006

Hello,

I looked through all the documentation I could find and surfed google but
could not find details on what needs to go in the NAS fields.

For example, in the clients.conf file, the only required fields are SECRET
and SHORTNAME.  In the NAS table, SHORTNAME is optional (can be NULL), and
NASNAME cannot be NULL.  So, do I copy what I had in the clients.conf
SHORTNAME into the NAS table NASNAME?  If so, what is SHORTNAME FOR?

Also, what is COMMUNITY for?

Which fields are used by FreeRadius and which ones are just for reference?

Cliff