Parse error freeradius-1.1.1

Lin Richardson lin at xmission.com
Wed Jun 21 18:28:12 CEST 2006

RE version 1.1.2

I'm currious.  I have tried compiling 1.1.2 on Solaris 10, OpenBSD 3.9, and
Debian Sid.  The ONLY way I have been able to get it working is with the deb
packages.

I have read exchanges regarding autoconf and libtool issues on the dev
list.  The most recent CVS snapshots progress further in the build, but
still result in errors.  Any news on when the issues may be resolved,
perhaps a 1.1.3 release?

I'm not an uber compiler, so I admit I am a bit weak at resolving
compiletime issues.

Under Solaris 10, my true target platform, I get the following final output
error from the build attempt
(I have already rebuilt the headers under Solaris 10 which is a common
problem when compiling under that OS.)
In file included from dict.c:42:
../include/libradius.h:316: error: conflicting types for `closefrom'
/usr/include/stdlib.h:193: error: previous declaration of `closefrom'
make[4]: *** [dict.lo] Error 1

I am trying to move our enterprise RADIUS to freeradius from a comercial
product, but I need a documented install process that works well.  Any
ideas?

Thanks,
Lin