Parse error freeradius-1.1.1

Stephen Gran steve at lobefin.net
Thu Jun 22 03:11:41 CEST 2006

On Wed, Jun 21, 2006 at 02:06:02PM -0600, Lin Richardson said:
> After looking more carefully at the make output, I noticed that the build
> failed because the rlm_perl.lo had not been built, and the xarch=v8 was what
> it complained about when it tried to build it.  I did some digging and ended
> up replacing the "-xarch=v8" flag with "-mcpu=v8 -mtune=ultrasparc" in the
> Makefile found in the directory of the component that was failing in the
> build.
>
> I had encountered a similar error on a previous Solaris/sparc compile and
> used the same fix.  The build was successful after this change.  I will test
> the server for functionality and drop one more note to confirm if all goes
> well.

Thank you for this point of information.  This sounds like more
libtool/autoconf breakage, at first glance.  When (if!) I/we can port the
current autotools build system to a newer version, do you mind testing it?

Thanks,
|  Stephen Gran                  | Having nothing, nothing can he lose.    |
|  steve at lobefin.net             | -- William Shakespeare, "Henry VI"      |