So how do you suppress

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Thu Jun 22 21:15:54 CEST 2006

Hi,

> So how do I actually suppress the user password from the detail log based
> on this?  Looking at the rlm_detail file and I might as well be looking at
> a foreign language.

you can, for example, do somthing like this in radiusd.conf

        # Write a detailed log of all accounting records received.
        #
        detail {
                #  Note that we do NOT use NAS-IP-Address here, as
                #  that attribute MAY BE from the originating NAS, and
                # blah blah blah
                detailfile = ${radacctdir}/%{Client-IP-Address}/detail-%Y%m%d

                detailperm = 0600
                suppress {
                         User-Password

         detail auth_log {
                 detailfile = ${radacctdir}/%{Client-IP-Address}/auth-detail-%Y%
m%d

                 detailperm = 0600
                 suppress {
                         User-Password

its SO much easier if you read the example config files that come with the
new release as they often contain HOW to use a feature/option/argument :-)

alan