Password Logging: Correction

Alan DeKok aland at ox.org
Wed Mar 1 19:54:15 CET 2006

andre kip <xu178 at yahoo.de> wrote:
> how can I stop my freeradius server from logging
> entered passwords into the the accounting file?

  It's not an accounting file.  The text you quote says
"Access-Request".  And it isn't logged by default.  You've updated
your configuration to log Access-Requests, which usually isn't that
useful.

  If you don't want to see the password, don't log Access-Requests, or
edit the rlm_detail module to not log User-Password.

> Is there a way of stopping the server from outputing
> the user password
> on debug mode??

  Absolutely not.  This will *never* be changed.

> And finally is it possible to use enycrypted passwords
> in user file?

  Yes.