Problem with ntlm_auth

King, Michael MKing at bridgew.edu
Wed Mar 1 23:48:35 CET 2006

So I'm setting up my freeRADIUS server to use Active Directory.
I am closely mirror my existing installation.

However, I receive this error message while running /usr/sbin/freeradius
-X -A .  (Which is one I did not encounter last time)  (I have trimmed
it to what I hope is the pertinent section)

Exec-Program output: winbind client not authorized to use
winbindd_pam_auth_crap. Ensure permissions on
/var/run/samba/winbindd_privileged are set correctly. (0xc0000022)
Exec-Program-Wait: plaintext: winbind client not authorized to use
winbindd_pam_auth_crap. Ensure permissions on
/var/run/samba/winbindd_privileged are set correctly. (0xc0000022)
Exec-Program: returned: 1

Doing some reading (always a good thing)
http://nixdoc.net/files/forum/about23951.html&highlight=   (from a squid
mailing list)
I found that the windbindd_privileged directory was
	drwxr-x---  2 root root  4096 2006-02-28 18:10
winbindd_privileged

But it was also strong cautioned that you shouldn't change this, but to
add the freeRADIUS to the group ownership of this directory.  (I made
the group of the directory freerad)

Is this a recent change of Samba?  I didn't have to do this a few months
ago.  More importantly, did I do something wrong?  Or is this normal,
and I just did notate that I did this before.

Thanks

Mike