Proxy or not based on Client-IP-Address

Dennis Skinner dskinner at bluefrog.com
Fri Mar 3 22:24:52 CET 2006

Hello all,

Looking for a pointer in the right direction.  I want to reject requests
from a particular realm that are not coming from a particular set of
Client-IP-Addresses.

This realm is normally proxied through my servers, so I don't
authorize/authenticate them at the moment, they are simply passed to the
next RADIUS server.  However, some of those users are not using the
proper upstream modem provider that they should be and I want to stop
that.  Other realms coming through that modem provider should be handled
like normal.

I have looked at the rlm_passwd module, but I'm not sure that is the way
to go.  I'm thinking that whatever I do should be in the pre_proxy
section rather than the post_proxy so the downstream RADIUS server isn't
sending back ACCEPT and the user getting REJECT.

Thanks!

--
Dennis Skinner
Systems Administrator