Problem with rlm_perl.

wazn at sibmail.ru wazn at sibmail.ru
Mon Mar 6 04:01:30 CET 2006

Hi.

I use freeradius 1.1.0 on Debian 3.1 stable.

freeradius is compiled to deb-package by the command "dpkg-buildpackage
-rfakeroot -uc -b" and installed by "dpkg -i".

I tried to use test perl module 'example.pl'.

Here is part of my radiusd.conf:
modules {
        perl test_module {
        module = ${confdir}/example.pl
accounting {
    detail
    sql
    test_module

And /usr/sbin/freeradius -X says:

Module: Loaded perl
 perl: module = "/etc/freeradius/example.pl"
 perl: func_authorize = "authorize"
 perl: func_authenticate = "authenticate"
 perl: func_accounting = "accounting"
 perl: func_preacct = "preacct"
 perl: func_checksimul = "checksimul"
 perl: func_detach = "detach"
 perl: func_xlat = "xlat"
 perl: func_pre_proxy = "pre_proxy"
 perl: func_post_proxy = "post_proxy"
 perl: func_post_auth = "post_auth"
 perl: perl_flags = "(null)"
 perl: func_start_accounting = "(null)"
 perl: func_stop_accounting = "(null)"
rlm_perl: perl_parse failed: /etc/freeradius/example.pl not found or has
syntax errors.
radiusd.conf[211]: test_module: Module instantiation failed.
radiusd.conf[245] Unknown module "test_module".
radiusd.conf[242] Failed to parse accounting section.

The file exists:
# ls -l /etc/freeradius/example.pl
-rw-r-----  1 root freerad 4620 Jan 24 14:26 /etc/freeradius/example.pl

Perl says that syntax is OK:
# perl -c /etc/freeradius/example.pl
/etc/freeradius/example.pl syntax OK

Where may be the error? If the errors are in the perl module "example.pl",
how do I see the extended output?

--

Best regards

Yevgeny