[Freeradius-Users]modcall[authenticate]: module "unix" returns notfound for request

Jedliu jedliureceiver at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 03:06:34 CET 2006

Andrew Browning,
Hi!
Much appreciate of your answer.

you said "if you want to use mysql, then configure the mysql module".
I've configured the mysql module in radiusd.conf like this,
*authorize {
preprocess
chap
mschap
suffix
sql
}
accounting {
…
sql
…
}*
Is there any aditional points?

I add the users into the mysql as:
"insert into radgroupreply (groupname,attribute,op,value) values (‘user’,‘Auth-Type’,’:=’,’Local’);
insert into radgroupreply (groupname,attribute,op,value) values (‘user’,‘Service-Type’,’:=’,’Framed-User’);
insert into radgroupreply (groupname,attribute,op,value) values (‘user’,‘Framed-IP-Address’,’:=’,’255.255.255.254’);
insert into radgroupreply (groupname,attribute,op,value) values (‘user’,‘Framed-IP-Netmask’,’:=’,’255.255.255.0’);
insert into radcheck (username,attribute,op,value) values (‘jedliu’,’User-Password’,’:=’,’jedliu’);
insert into usergroup (username,groupname) values (‘jedliu’,’user’);
"
When i authenticate the user,
I found the mes like:
"
rlm_sql (sql): Attempting to connect rlm_sql_mysql #3
rlm_sql_mysql: Starting connect to MySQL server for #3
rlm_sql (sql): Connected new DB handle, #3
rlm_sql (sql): starting 4
rlm_sql (sql): Attempting to connect rlm_sql_mysql #4
rlm_sql_mysql: Starting connect to MySQL server for #4
rlm_sql (sql): Connected new DB handle, #4
Module: Instantiated sql (sql)
Module: Loaded Acct-Unique-Session-Id
acct_unique: key = "User-Name, Acct-Session-Id, NAS-IP-Address, Client-IP-Address, NAS-Port"

Processing the authorize section of radiusd.conf
modcall[authorize]: module "preprocess" returns ok for request 1
modcall[authorize]: module "chap" returns noop for request 1
modcall[authorize]: module "mschap" returns noop for request 1
rlm_realm: No '@' in User-Name = "jedliu", looking up realm NULL
rlm_realm: No such realm "NULL"
modcall[authorize]: module "suffix" returns noop for request 1
rlm_eap: No EAP-Message, not doing EAP
modcall[authorize]: module "eap" returns noop for request 1
users: Matched entry DEFAULT at line 165
modcall[authorize]: module "files" returns ok for request 1
radius_xlat:  'jedliu'
rlm_sql (sql): sql_set_user escaped user --> 'jedliu'
radius_xlat:  'SELECT id, UserName, Attribute, Value, op           FROM radcheck           WHERE Username = 'jedliu'           ORDER BY id'
rlm_sql (sql): Reserving sql socket id: 3
radius_xlat:  'SELECT radgroupcheck.id,radgroupcheck.GroupName,radgroupcheck.Attribute,radgroupcheck.Value,radgroupcheck.op  FROM radgroupcheck,usergroup WHERE usergroup.Username = 'jedliu' AND usergroup.GroupName = radgroupcheck.GroupName ORDER BY radgroupcheck.id'
radius_xlat:  'SELECT id, UserName, Attribute, Value, op           FROM radreply           WHERE Username = 'jedliu'           ORDER BY id'
radius_xlat:  'SELECT radgroupreply.id,radgroupreply.GroupName,radgroupreply.Attribute,radgroupreply.Value,radgroupreply.op  FROM radgroupreply,usergroup WHERE usergroup.Username = 'jedliu' AND usergroup.GroupName = radgroupreply.GroupName ORDER BY radgroupreply.id'
rlm_sql (sql): Released sql socket id: 3
modcall[authorize]: module "sql" returns ok for request 1
modcall: group authorize returns ok for request 1
rad_check_password:  Found Auth-Type System
auth: type "System"
Processing the authenticate section of radiusd.conf

**************
modcall: entering group authenticate for request 1
modcall[authenticate]: module "unix" returns notfound for request 1
modcall: group authenticate returns notfound for request 1
auth: Failed to validate the user.
**************
"

So that's the problem is,i can't authenticate the user.
Appreciate everyone's help.
Thx.

=======* 2006-03-08 Re: [Freeradius-Users]modcall[authenticate]: module "unix" returns notfound for request *=======

>the unix module searched for users in /etc/passwd (or whatever file
>you tell it to search). this has nothing to do with mysql. if you want
>to use the unix module, then make sure the user exists in /etc/passwd
>and that freeradius has read ability to that file. if you want to use
>mysql, then configure the mysql module.
>
>On 3/7/06, Jedliu <jedliureceiver at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> All!
>>
>> When I wanna run freeradius with the support of MySQL,
>> I found such mes * modcall[authenticate]: module "unix" returns notfound for request 12
>> modcall: group authenticate returns notfound for request 12
>> * in "radiusd -X" mode,but the user in USERS file can be authenticated successfully.
>> I've googled,but not find the solution.
>> And i've searched from the mailing list,though there're some troubleshooting too,no way to solove.
>> So pls help!
>>
>> Thx in advance!
>> Regards for everyone.

>> jedliu