"Dropping conflicting packet" and "Rejecting request"

Alan DeKok aland at ox.org
Wed Mar 8 19:27:02 CET 2006

Takeshi Yoshida <ducati_monster_400 at yahoo.co.jp> wrote:
>   Wed Feb 22 11:53:38 2006 : Error: Dropping conflicting packet from client Radus-1:1039 - ID: 246 due to unfinished request 7101301

  This means that the NAS sent a new packet while the server was in
the middle of processing an old one.

  The reason is usually that the database or home server is taking too
long to respond to FreeRADIUS.

> When the examination on which I put the load is done, this error is fully output.
> However, it is output when the load is low.

  I would look at the home RADIUS servers and/or databases to see why
they're taking more than 1/10s to respond to a RADIUS request.  It
looks like they're taking 30s or more, which is very bad.

  And the server that logs these messages is *not* responsible for the
problem, and there's little you can change on it to fix the problem.