Problem compiling Freeradius + MySQL on Solaris 9

Chris Parker cparker at starnetusa.net
Thu Mar 9 23:10:25 CET 2006

On Mar 8, 2006, at 11:33 AM, Alan wrote:

> I uninstalled the sunfreeware package and installed the package
> directly
> from MySQL.com (mysql-standard-4.0.26-sun-solaris2.9-
> sparc-64bit.pkg). I
> receive one error in config.log. Am I missing something here?
>

> configure:988: gcc -o conftest -g -O2   conftest.c -L/usr/lib/mysql/
> -lmysqlclient_r -lpthread  1>&5
> ld: warning: file /usr/lib/mysql//libmysqlclient_r.a(libmysql.o):
> wrong ELF
> class: ELFCLASS64

> mysql_init                          /var/tmp//ccWfUfam.o

You're trying to build freeradius as a 32 bit program, and the MySQL
libs are 64 bit.

You can't mix and match.

Either build FR as 64-bit, or use the 32-bit version of MySQL.

 From the shell 'export CFLAGS=-m64' to set it to build in 64-bit
mode.  You'll then see:

creating cache ./config.cache
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc -m64 ) works... yes
checking whether the C compiler (gcc -m64 ) is a cross-compiler... no

-Chris
--
Chris Parker
Director, Engineering

(888)212-0099   Fax (847)963-1302
Wholesale Internet Services     http://www.megapop.net
VoiceEclipse, The Fresh Alternative http://www.voiceeclipse.com

NOTICE: Message is sent IN CONFIDENCE to addressees. It may contain
information that is privileged, proprietary or confidential.