About Monthly Time Limits

Seferovic Edvin edvin.seferovic at kolp.at
Tue Mar 14 00:05:34 CET 2006

[mailto:freeradius->users-bounces+edvin.seferovic=kolp.at at lists.freeradius.o
rg] On Behalf Of >Ben Plimpton
>Sent: Montag, 13. März 2006 23:34
>To: freeradius-users at lists.freeradius.org
>Subject: RE: About Monthly Time Limits
>
>This is a somewhat related question.
>
>Can I use an attribute that is not in the Stop record as the key for a
>monthly counter?  For example, I would like to make the Ldap-UserDn
>attribute the key for the counter.  Is there a way to make that value
>available to my counter?
>
>Thanks

Sure.. if you use LDAP for Authentication and Authorisation ! there is
ldap.attrmap file which maps the LDAP attributes to freeradius attributes.

The key is usually username ( or something else specific for a user or
machine ).

I have such setup in a boarding home and it works like a charm ;)

Regards,

Edvin