Module not loading

"Tomás A. Rossi" tomas at mecon.gov.ar
Thu Mar 16 19:43:52 CET 2006

Alan DeKok escribió:
> =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22Tom=E1s_A=2E_Rossi=22?= <tomas at mecon.gov.ar> wrote:
>
>> Sorry, I know what it was happening with the module. It seems that
>> radiusd it doesn't take in account the instantiation of any module
>> unless it is used in some other section (i.e. authorize). Though this
>> behavior could be enhanced.
>>

>   To do what, exactly?
>
>   The whol point of loading a module is to use it in a section
> (e.g. authorize).  If you want to load it, but not use it, that
> doesn't make sense.
>
>   The server will *not* be changed to load modules it's not going to
> use.

That's not my point. I'm not trying to say that you should do that but
rather to print some kind of message showing that the server has read
the module instantiation. Note that I'm not being pretentious: you could
warn the user with a message that the module will not be loaded since
it's not used and *that* would be being pretentious.

FreeRADIUS is a very nice product though I think at least you should
concede me that it lacks of good documentation IMHO. I was trying to add
a module not knowing of the above mentioned behavior. It results in only
adding the entry inside the instantiation section and testing if
'radiusd -X' returned some message to give me a clue that the module
instantiation was parsed at least. You'll surely think I'm a jerk (and
I'm not saying the opposite :-P ), but I lose about an hour till I
figured out what was the whole issue.

Thanks for the answers,
---
Tomás A Rossi