Vendor Specific IDs

Alan DeKok aland at ox.org
Thu Mar 16 20:57:23 CET 2006

"Eliot, Wireless and Server Administrator,
	Great Lakes Internet" <support8 at greatlakes.net> wrote:
> Before I start, let me just ask if there are any already created
> attributes that control bandwidth rates in the Tx and Rx directions
> which take a string as a value?

  No.  These are non-standard attributes, even if they might exist for
a particular vendor.

> How do I choose a number for the Vendor-Id?

  www.iana.org.  Apply for a Private Enterprise Code.

  Or, simply steal one from a company that doesn't exist, or doesn't
use RADIUS.  That works only if your attributes are *completely* local
to your deployment.

> So, my second question is: When FreeRADIUS calls that second script,
> can/does it send the original Access-Accept attributes to the cleanup
> script?

  You'll have to keep track of them somewhere yourself.