Backend Retry option

Craig T. Hancock chancock at nd.edu
Fri Mar 17 21:27:00 CET 2006

When configuring your backend authentication and authorization system how
does the retry option work. What I want to know is when connecting
to the backend server and if it fails to connect given a specified time
does freeradius cache the IP address after the first DNS lookup of the.
server DNS name specified in the radiusd.conf file. Or does it attempt to do
a DNS lookup on the server IP address on each retry.

I am trying to investigate the possibility of load balancing my
authentication
backend through Round Robin DNS.

Craig T. Hancock
Systems Engineer, Infrastructure Services
Office of Information Technology
University of Notre Dame