Duplicate Attributes

Grahame Jordan gbj at theforce.com.au
Sat Mar 18 07:02:09 CET 2006

Hi,

This is a fresh install on a new server. I tried the source and the debian
unstable deb with the same result.  I carefully rm -rf'd the libraries etc in
question and reinstalled.

Specifically these are the duplicate entries. running "freeradius -yzX"

 /usr/share/freeradius/dictionary.ascend[1233]: dict_addvalue: Duplicate value
name Route-IPX-No for attribute X-Ascend-Route-IPX
VALUE   X-Ascend-Route-IPX      Route-IPX-No        0
VALUE   X-Ascend-Route-IPX      Route-IPX-Yes       1
VALUE   X-Ascend-Route-IPX      Route-IPX-No        0
VALUE   X-Ascend-Route-IPX      Route-IPX-Yes       1

/usr/share/freeradius/dictionary.redback[388]: dict_addvalue: Duplicate value
name LAC-Only for attribute Tunnel-Function
VALUE   Tunnel-Function         LAC-Only        1
VALUE   Tunnel-Function         LNS-Only        2
VALUE   Tunnel-Function         LAC-LNS         3
VALUE   Tunnel-Session-auth     CHAP            1
VALUE   Tunnel-Session-auth     PAP         2
VALUE   Tunnel-Session-auth     CHAP-PAP        3
VALUE   Mcast-Send          NO-SEND         1
VALUE   Mcast-Send          SEND            2
VALUE   Mcast-Send          UNSOLICITED-SEND    3
VALUE   Mcast-Receive           NO-RECEIVE      1
VALUE   Mcast-Receive           RECEIVE         2

VALUE   Tunnel-DNIS         DNIS            1
VALUE   Tunnel-DNIS         DNIS-Only       2

VALUE   Tunnel_Function         LAC-Only        1
VALUE   Tunnel_Function         LNS-Only        2
VALUE   Tunnel_Function         LAC-LNS         3
VALUE   Tunnel_Session_auth     CHAP            1
VALUE   Tunnel_Session_auth     PAP         2
VALUE   Tunnel_Session_auth     CHAP-PAP        3
VALUE   Mcast_Send          NO-SEND         1
VALUE   Mcast_Send          SEND            2
VALUE   Mcast_Send          UNSOLICITED-SEND    3
VALUE   Mcast_Receive           NO-RECEIVE      1
VALUE   Mcast_Receive           RECEIVE         2

VALUE   Tunnel_DNIS         DNIS            1
VALUE   Tunnel_DNIS         DNIS-Only       2

/usr/share/freeradius/dictionary.freeradius.internal[307]: dict_addvalue:
Duplicate value name Local for attribute Post-Auth-Type

VALUE   Post-Auth-Type          Local           0
Cannot find duplicate for this one however if I comment it out it is OK

Then it starts doing this:
Error: dict_addvalue: Duplicate value name PAP for attribute Auth-Type
for all of the values in the authenticate {} section in radius.conf
If I comment these out then it starts but cannot authenticate.

Thanks

Grahame Jordan