Optimizing freeradius for very high loads

Ashwin Gobind Ashwin.Gobind at vodacom.co.za
Mon Mar 20 09:57:33 CET 2006

Good day. I have freeradius running on a Dual P4 server with 4GB Ram.  I
am using freeradius to service clients. I require performance of 200tps.

I am having a problem where many clients do not get responses for
authentication messages.  Monitoring my cpu and memory load during busy
periods, my cpu max utilization is  only 10% used, 90%idle.  There is
also enough memory.

How can I optimize freeradius to increase the tps handling capability ?

Thanks
Ashwin Gobind

“This e-mail is sent on the Terms and Conditions that can be accessed by Clicking on this link http://www.vodacom.co.za/legal/email.jsp "