Backend Retry option

Craig T. Hancock chancock at nd.edu
Mon Mar 20 17:18:57 CET 2006

My specific concern is that in order to do PEAP authentication(which is
outside freeradiuses control) the ntlm_auth executable looks at smb.conf
file to tell it where to send passwords using the smb.conf file
"password server" option which only allows for one server name.

Maybe this is inappropriate and I apologize, but correct me if i'm
wrong when specifying the backend store in freeradius it only takes
one server backend not multiple. So even if I were to spread the Radius
load to multiple servers I still only have the option of one server
per backend so I don't see how that address my overall issue?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.