sql.conf

Atkins, Dwane P ATKINSD at uthscsa.edu
Mon Mar 20 23:56:38 CET 2006

Why is it that when I run a radiusd -X, I always come back with errors
on saying that it cannot connect to the mysql server:

rlm_sql (sql): Driver rlm_sql_mysql (module rlm_sql_mysql) loaded and
linked

rlm_sql (sql): Attempting to connect to radius at localhost:/radius

rlm_sql (sql): starting 0

rlm_sql (sql): Attempting to connect rlm_sql_mysql #0

rlm_sql_mysql: Starting connect to MySQL server for #0

rlm_sql_mysql: Couldn't connect socket to MySQL server
radius at localhost:radius

rlm_sql_mysql: Mysql error 'Access denied for user 'radius'@'localhost'
(using password: YES)'

rlm_sql (sql): Failed to connect DB handle #0

rlm_sql (sql): starting 1

rlm_sql (sql): starting 2

rlm_sql (sql): starting 3

rlm_sql (sql): starting 4

rlm_sql (sql): Failed to connect to any SQL server.

I have put this in my sql.conf like so:

# Connect info

        server = "localhost"

        login = "radius"

        password = "xxxxxxxxx"

        # Database table configuration

        radius_db = "radius" <mailto:atkinsd at uthscsa.edu>

What am I doing wrong?  I have followed a number of whitepapers to
install this and most of them say the same thing.

I downloaded freeradius and mysql-server using the 'yum install' option.
Now, when I do a ./configure on freeradius, do I need to do it with a
-with-mysql option?

Should I try this on something other than FC4?  I am opened to options.

Thanks

Dwane