Error building version 1.1.1

Nicolas Baradakis nbk at sitadelle.com
Tue Mar 21 17:38:34 CET 2006

Sandworm wrote:

> Looks like the Makefile in the tarball's src/lib directory is
> removing the '/var/tmp/freeradius-root/usr/lib/' directory and the
> symbolic link creation then does not find it.

I don't think so: there is no directory removal in src/lib/Makefile.

> /usr/bin/libtool --mode=install /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/freeradius-
> 1.1.1/install-sh -c -c libradius.la /var/tmp/freeradius-
> root/usr/lib

Here the Makefile command tells libtool to install the library
in /var/tmp/freeradius-root/usr/lib.

> /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/freeradius-1.1.1/install-sh -c -c
> .libs/libradius-1.1.1.so /var/tmp/freeradius-root/usr/libradius-
> 1.1.1.so

But the next line shows that installation is done in the parent
directory /var/tmp/freeradius-root/usr.

I really have no idea why this happens.

--
Nicolas Baradakis