Avoiding ldapsearch on LDAP authentication

MAEDA Atusi maeda-freeradius at atusi.org
Wed Mar 22 08:12:25 CET 2006

Hello all,

I had inserted some debugging trace in FR-1.1.0 source and I think I finally
figured out the probelm.  But I'm not sure how to fix it.

The problem is ldap_authenticate() does not look at check items (nor reply
items) set in users file.  So seting Ldap-UserDn in users file causes no effect
at all.

I have made a patch (against 1.1.0 source).  But since I'm very new (~1week)
to Freeradius, I'm not sure this is the correct way to fix the problem.

Anyway, I'll enclose the patch.

(Is this more appropriate in freeradius-dev list?)

--maeda