(no subject)

vignesh vignesh at novanet.net
Wed Mar 22 16:05:33 CET 2006

Hello guys
This is Vignesh here. I have just started with RADIUS. We are planning
to build a VoIP billing system using Free RADIUS and Oracle as the
backend and using CISCO IPIP gateway . We were planning to implement
both postpaid and prepaid scenario. I believe most of you must be doing
the same thing. So far we were working on PostPaid Solution.
There some problems that we are facing
1. we are using triggers to do the accounting of the call. i.e.
calculating the rates etc for that particular call.
 There many users who can call from either using gateway or using soft
phones, hard phones etc.
the problem is that while accounting using the trigger, there is no
single column from where we can identify the user. The user can be
accounted based on his ani or his remote gateway.
Also we want multi leg accounting.
2. also we would like to know how we can build a prepaid solution. What
are the changes that needs to be done for doing the same.

Vignesh
vignesh at novanet.net