Version 1.1.1 stops responding

Stefan Winter stefan.winter at restena.lu
Thu Mar 23 16:44:18 CET 2006

Hi,

> I am seeing a similar problem on RedHat. I originally thought it was
> only happening when I sent a HUP signal, but it turns out this is not
> the case.
>
> However in my case all I have to do to fix it is restart the service (I
> do not need to reboot the entire operating system).

for the record: this happened to me *once* as well (SuSE 8.2). That coincided
with an access point crashing in the middle of an authentication, so I
thought it might just be that the AP sent a very weird packet while dieing.

Really strange symptoms... radiusd and all its threads are running, and bound
to the port they should, but no indication of a received packet. Re-starting
the service did the trick for me as well.

Greetings,

Stefan Winter

--
Stefan WINTER

Stiftung RESTENA - Réseau Téléinformatique de l'Education Nationale et de
la Recherche
Ingenieur Forschung & Entwicklung

6, rue Richard Coudenhove-Kalergi
L-1359 Luxembourg