1.1.1 (and earlier): PREFIX/share is rwx------

Stefan Winter stefan.winter at restena.lu
Fri Mar 24 13:46:23 CET 2006

Hi,

been trying to prepare my installation to use HUP. After getting the
permissions in /etc/raddb right, I saw that $INSTALL_PREFIX/share is created
with rwx------ root:root permissions (at least when using a non-default
PREFIX during configure), and by default makes HUPing radiusd impossible when
it runs as a different user.
It is kinda against the idea of a "share" directory to be so restrictive. The
docs won't be readable by everyone, and (worse) the dictionaries can't be
re-read on a HUP.
Of course I can change this after installing, but maybe the Makefiles should
be more liberal in the first place to make that unnecessary. A rwxr-xr-x
sounds better suited.

Greetings,

Stefan Winter

--
Stefan WINTER

Stiftung RESTENA - Réseau Téléinformatique de l'Education Nationale et de
la Recherche
Ingenieur Forschung & Entwicklung

6, rue Richard Coudenhove-Kalergi
L-1359 Luxembourg