realm combination of ntdomain and domain ??

Duane Cox duanec at mail.illicom.net
Sat Mar 25 15:47:25 CET 2006

Hello List

I've just replaced our previous radius server with freeRADIUS 1.1.1
Apparently the previous server had the ability to "trim the username" with a
pre "\" and post "@" character
So if someone passed the User-Name as "NTDOMAIN\\username at domain.com" the
server would see just "username"

I have the following in radiusd.conf, but this only works for one or the
other, meaning if only the NTDOMAIN\\ is supplied or if only th @domain.com
is supplied.

Is there a solution to get both to work?  reading the docs, it states that
"format -  must be 'prefix' or 'suffix'" and can't be both.

radiusd.conf: <snip>

        realm domain {
                format                  = suffix
                delimiter               = "@"