PEAP ntlm_auth strange behaviour

Jérémy Cluzel j.cluzel at online.fr
Sat Mar 25 14:41:28 CET 2006

Hello,

I used a FR 1.1.0 under FreeBSD 6.0
I configure it to PEAP auth against  a windows 2003 AD through ntlm_auth
(samba 3.0.21b).
Everything works fine, user auth, machine auth...

The problem is that for some obscur reasons, some users ("jpbrunain" in
this case) are unable to log in.
As I saw in the radius.log, I got "rlm_mschap: External script failed.".
Moreover, if I run "ntlm_auth --request-nt-key --domain=CHRT
--username=jpbrunain" with the good password, I got this message:
"NT_STATUS_OK: Success (0x0)"...
This problem concerns only 2 users out of  20... and I don't see
anything "special" concerning them on the 2003 AD...

Does anyone have the problem ? Is there a way to solve it ?

Regards,

Jeremy