Still having issue with radtest

Alan DeKok aland at ox.org
Sat Mar 25 22:59:24 CET 2006

"Atkins, Dwane P" <ATKINSD at uthscsa.edu> wrote:
> A couple questions I have not asked about this issue?  Do both the
> user at localhost and localhost need access to the Sql database.

  I have no idea what that means.

> I am at loss as to why everytime I run this process, it tells me
> that I have an = invalid preshare key.

  No, it doesn't.  The text isn't about "preshare keys".  It's about
shared secrets.

  I think at least part of the reason you're having difficulty is your
insistence on using terms and ideas you came up with, rather than
using the ones in the docs and on the mailing list.  Doing that makes
it MUCH harder for anyone to understand you, and MUCH harder for you
to understand any answer.

> If I have a user called radius with a password of radiustest and my
> localhost preshare is BASEBALL, then would my syntax be, radtest
> radius radiustest localhost 1645 BASEBALL ?

  Honestly, this question is addressed in the documentation.  Please
read it.