Different user attributes based on NAS-IP-Address? Also Suffix wildcards available?

Andy Coates andy at corenetwork.co.uk
Mon Mar 27 14:35:14 CEST 2006

Hey,

Is this even possible?

The basic problem is that I have 2 devices that will use the same username.
For example, one device handles dialup, one handles DSL.  I'd like the user
to have the same username, and depending on the NAS sending the request the
correct IP/Netmask would be returned.

I've setup huntgroups for the NAS, and can match them in various setups in
the users file - but this only seems like it would work for group based
attributes (i.e. common fields).  Returning unique fields for each user
based on the NAS-IP-Address doesn't seem possible?

That aside, does anyone know if its possible to use wildcards with Suffix
when stripping usernames?  I've tried "@*" or "@*.domain.com" and it doesn't
seem to match :(

Thanks in advance,
Andy.